PORC Forums

Go Back   PORC Forums > The Main Trail > PORC Chatter

Old 07-11-2012, 03:39 PM   #1
Domestic Piglet
Default just saying hello from an out of state person!

Good day, first thanks for approving my acct

now down to the good stuff (yeah right) ...

no i do not currently live in Florida or anywhere near Pensacola, But! ... me and my wife are seriously considering moving that way in less then 2 years, my sister and her guy are already finalizing plans to move down ... and then we will most likely follow about a year after that ...

just wanted to get in touch with a local group of bikers in the mean time to see what i am in for down there ... i am a casual rider ... just riding when the time permits ... where i am located there is only a small seasonal trail, the rest is stuck on the road (ick) ... the nearest good trail is a 30+ mile drive and it's hours do not mesh with my current work ... so sadly i have not gotten to ride as much as i would like recently ...

any reason why we should consider not moving down there? ... from what i can find out so far it would seem to be a good move ... overall better area then where we currently are located and the town seems to be a bit more alive then here (monroe louisiana) work wise i likely will transfer down to another branch of where i am currently employed (at&t, yeah i know) but if the market is good enough down there likely would find something different after being there for a bit ...

well since it is a bike forum >.< i am a 29er fan ... and a Clydesdale ...
-Devil- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:58 AM   #2
Crisis mode

I'd say Pcola is an upgrade to Monroe. I grew up in Minden (for a few years) - but we don't have near the hills you guys have up there. We do have a trail system close to town with another near Milton....not to mention the beach.
Endo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:21 AM   #3
Feral Piglet

Originally Posted by Endo View Post
I'd say Pcola is an upgrade to Monroe.

I'm from Natchitoches. I live in Mobile though, but I do love the P-cola trails.
brewyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 10:00 AM   #4
Domestic Piglet

I went to school at Northeast in Monroe. Pensacola is definitely an upgrade. The UWF trails are good but the Lincoln Parish Park trails in Ruston are much more challenging. The beach and access to water make all the difference. You will definitely want to find a hobby that involves the water. As for the economy, it sucks here just like it does in N. Louisiana and wages overall are on the low side.

Last edited by greygrif; 07-14-2012 at 10:01 AM.
greygrif is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: